Cricket is not just a sport in India, it is a religion. Whether played professionally, in clubs, ‘maidaans’ or the most popular ‘gulli’ cricket – every game is played with the same enthusiasm and drive as though it was the World Cup final!
Celebrating this fervour for cricket, Rustomjee Urbania has organised a Box Cricket Tournament to flag off the Diwali vacations. There would be 24 teams consisting of 6 players each. The teams would be categorised as per the age groups into three – Under 10, Under 12 and Under 14. Boys and girls alike can participate and there could be an all-girls team as well.
Parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts and friends are most welcome to come and cheer for their favourite team. It’s going to be great, energetic way to kick start the vacations. May the best team win!
RULES TO FOLLOW:
• Game will be of 6 overs per innings
• The team outscoring the other team wins.
• All decisions by the umpire would be final.
• In case of any protest, the protest needs to be given to the tournament Director in writing, within 10mts of the completion of the game
• Only team registrations will be allowed. DOB proof of all players will be compulsory.
• Teams will comprise of 6 +2 players.
• The playing 6 will need to be finalized before the toss. Rolling substitution is allowed for fielding
• 2 Batsmen at the crease at a time
• Batsmen can have a runner only if the current batsmen is injured and is ratified by the umpires
• Batsmen can score by running between the wickets
• Batsmen can score by hitting beyond the boundary line
• However if the batsman hits beyond the boundary line on the full, the batsman would be OUT
• All other modes of getting out would be the same as in conventional cricket…Bowled, Caught, Stumping, Run-out, Hit-wicket among others
• Batsmen will not damage the popping crease…2 warnings would be administered in case of an infringement before ejecting of the batsman.
• One Bowler will be eligible to bowl only 2 overs in a game
• Bowlers will have to bowl with their feet on the crease
• Bowlers will not be allowed a follow through, however he can move once the ball pitches behind the PITCH LINE
• As the ball is bowled, the first pitch should land beyond the PITCH LINE
• Incase the ball pitches before the PITCH LINE, the ball will be considered a NO BALL, ie, Extra ball & Extra run
• Incase the bowler steps on the crease line while bowling , the ball will be considered a NO BALL, ie, Extra ball & Extra run
• The field placing would be in the 1-2-2 format
• All fielding, as in conventional cricket, will remain the same.
Details at a Glance:
Underarm Box Cricket Tournament. 6-A-Side Teams
Dates: 27th & 28th October
Time: 9am Onwards
Registration Fees: Rs 100 Per Player
Age-Group: Under 10, Under 12 & Under 14
(Team Could Comprise Of All Boys, All Girls Or A Combination Of Girls & Boys)
Venue: Festival Plaza, Rustomjee Urbania, Thane (West)
1. The last date of registration is October 25, 2018 at 6pm.
2. No refund once tickets are booked.