After parents, grandparents are probably the greatest influences on a child in their formative years. Whether kids are a part of a joint family or a nuclear family, they develop close ties with their grandparents in their childhood. They are the ones who are usually babysitting when the parents are at work or need to leave the kids for a while.
Research in the Theory of Attachment Parenting highlights the benefit of forming secure attachments in the early years. While parents are the primary attachment figures, increasingly, the role of secondary attachment figures such as grandparents or close relatives have come to light. Healthy secondary attachment deepens the sense of security and emotional stability in children. Establishing a bond with grandparents can also benefit kids in many other ways. Grandparents can be great role models and influencers, and they can provide a sense of cultural heritage and family history.
Grand Parents Utsav is a celebration of this strong bond that kids and grandparents share that spans generations. The thematic activities that are a part of the festival have been planned to engage, educate and entertain children and their grandparents. Grand Parents Utsav is a two hour celebration and is especially for kids in the age group of 3 – 10 years, parents also often accompany the kids and grandparents, making it a fun outing for the entire family.
The activities, curated keeping in mind the preferences of senior citizens and children, include:
• Fitness: Playing village games
• Craft: Learn to stitch with grandma – Children will make a handkerchief with basic sewing techniques
• Clay Play: Make clay pots and pans by hand or sculpt an eco-friendly Ganesha
• Games: Grand Ma’s Kitchen Rules – A traditional kitchen set-up where the 2 generations play minute-to-win games
• Musical Performance: Live Musical Performance by Global Music Conservatory
• Story Time: Watch a story come alive from Sudha Murthy’s book Grandma’s Bag Of Stories
• Music & Movement: Learning the steps of a folk-fusion music
Everyone is sure to have a grand time so don’t miss this wonderful opportunity to experience the innate affection and bond between kids and their grandparents.
Details at a Glance:
Grand Parents Utsav – Celebrate With Your Grandparent
Date: 30th September 2018
Time: 11am – 1 pm
Duration: 2 hours
Age group: 3- 10 years with their grandparents
Entry Fee: Rs 100 per person
Venue: Leon’s World Centre for Holistic Learning & Development, Rustomjee Cambridge International School,Rustomjee Urbania, Thane (W)
To register, please call: 9819094929 | 9819060920
1. The last date of registration is September 29, 2018 at 6pm.
2. No refund once tickets are booked.