Rustomjee, The Thoughtful Builder, is constantly innovating and creating new opportunities for their residents to experience not just a house in one of their projects but a lifestyle. Not one to rest on its laurels, Rustomjee has continued to make new advances not only in terms of architecture and design of their projects but also in creating new experiences for their residents.
New Triumphs Through the Year:
Rustomjee Urbania – one of the finest township projects in Thane has prided itself on setting new benchmarks – its own International School, healthcare, retail, commercial spaces and unique community spaces. It boasts of the I Tower, one of the tallest residential towers of Thane in its township, Urbania. The 36-storey vastu compliant tower has exquisitely designed 2 & 3 BHK rooms that offer a complete experience of luxurious living to its residents. Rustomjee also launched a spacious podium with lifestyle amenities in Thane at the I Tower.
The year 2017 also saw the addition of another tower to Azziano – the K Tower. It comprises only of 2BHK homes that are designed to suit all the requirements of aspirational living. In addition to having access to all the amenities of Rustomjee Urbania, the K Tower also boasts of 4 level parking and almost 32 exclusive podium level amenities which include gymnasium, mini golf, indoor play area, alfresco dining, mini theatre, business centre, box cricket, basketball, senior citizen’s relaxation area among others.
One of the most luxurious gated community projects in Mumbai, the Rustomjee Paramount, Khar (West), received the Occupancy Certificate for its A & B Wings. Probably one of the largest developments in Khar, the strategic location of Rustomjee Paramount makes it the perfect residential choice for those who appreciate the finer things in life.
Designed by renowned architects Sanjay Puri from Sanjay Puri Architects, Mumbai and Patty Mak from Suying Metropolitan, Singapore, each floor has only two apartments allowing residents the luxury of privacy as well as the option of establishing good neighborly ties. In variants of 3 and 4 bedrooms, the apartments offer breathtaking views and spacious sun decks. The interiors are a work of art with flooring and fixtures sourced only from the best companies that create an aura of luxury and comfort.
Little wonder then t Rustomjee Paramount notched up sales of Rs 100 crore during the festive season of Diwali-Dhanteras this year.
In fact, even Rustomjee Elements witnessed sales of Rs 160 crore between November – December.
Adding The Designer Touch:
In order to provide their residents with the best, Rustomjee collaborates with only some of the best designers in the world.
Rustomjee Elements in upper Juhu, has seen a collaboration with Simone Arora of Simone… Naturally Inspired. The designer has added her inimitable stanp of style and luxury in the ‘Ready To Move In’ concept at Rustomjee’s Elements. The finished apartment is neutral themed, immaculately detailed, lavish four bedroom residential space overlooking an expansive natural greenscape and experience firsthand the definition of urban chic living. The apartment was designed to create a contemporary and chic, yet tranquil and calm living space. Simone says of her design, “I refer to this conceptual offering as Nature Luxe – my signature style. It is neither organic nor overly luxurious but a creative combination that offers comfort, functionality, warmth and tranquility.”
Another well-known designer, Sussanne Khan, the owner of The Charcoal Project also lent her own unique sense of style and flair to the design of the spacious home at Rustomjee Elements. Speaking about her collaboration with Rustomjee she said, “This collaboration has been very exciting for me. We wanted to create an apartment that has a relaxed quiet luxury vibe. Very muted and stylized at the same time. All textures and the color palette have been used to create a home that imbibes serenity. You will see a lot of neutrals, monochromatic hues with 26 shades of white and charcoal. All furniture has been designed, handcrafted and manufactured by The Charcoal Project. It was lovely working with Rustomjee and I am glad I found my dream home in this same property.”
Creating ‘My Space’ to Pursue New Interests:
When Rustimjee speaks of creating lifestyle experiences it doesn’t stop at just providing world class amenities. One essential concept that is a common thread between its more luxurious and up-scale properties is that of ‘My Space’. Rustomjee believes that its residents should be provided with the opportunity to explore their interests and latent talents and reclaim some of the hobbies of their youth, which is what ‘My Space’ is all about. Spending time and having the space to live beyond the ‘rat race’. In order to encourage their residents and guests to try new experiences, Rustomjee organized several events through the year.
• A ‘Tea Tasting and Desert Fest’ at the Season’s Lifestyle Gallery at Rustomjee Seasons, BKC Annexe, where the finest teas from across the globe were presented to connoisseurs of this particular beverage. Curated by tea Sommelier Meera Thacker along with the Tea Board of India, the event offered the participants the opportunity to learn more about the beverage, taste different varieties of tea from across the globe and also become Tea Sommeliers for a day. Paired with the teas were a delectable variety of desserts.
• The tea tasting event was so well received that Rustomjee decided to host a similar event at the well-appointed lobby of the Rustomjee Paramount as well. The tea tasting and sommelier session, again planned in association with the Tea Board of India, presented the guests with the experience of over 12 different varieties of tea and brewing techniques. The guests were pleasantly surprised to get samples as gifts to take back with them as aromatic and flavorful keepsakes of the day.
• ‘Stolen Moments’ – A Photography Exhibition at The Lifestyle Gallery, Rustomjee Seasons, by Rahul da Cunha and Prashant Godbole was a resounding success. The event was attended by the who’s who of the theatre and art fraternity like Kunal Vijaykar, Rajit Kapoor,Atul Kasbekar and Shernaz Patel to name a few.
• A special Beer and Burgers night was hosted especially to celebrate the spirit of community at the Alfresco Sky Lounge, Rustomjee Paramount. A Guitarist and Djembe player played upbeat music and the influence of delectable food, drinks and impeccable company soon had the guests grooving to the music.
• The Alfresco Sky Lounge at the Paramount is the perfect location to have a soiree and enjoy the finer things in life in the company of those who share your interests and passions. It was here that almost a hundred esteemed guests gathered one evening to raise a toast to All Things Nice, a single malt tasting and cigar session organised by Rustomjee. Sommelier Nikhil Agarwal explained to the guest the concept of single malt whiskey and how best to enjoy this preferred tipple of the elite. Daniel (Danny) Caroll, the brand ambassador of Gukha Cigar brand and the founder of the Cigar Club of India, conducted a masterclass on cigar rolling.
• The Alfresco Sky Lounge at the Rustomjee Paramount, Khar (W) also hosted La Fiesta where about 65 friends and guests gathered for an evening of Spanish flair – complete with professional dancers presenting the Flamenco and a specially curated menu featuring classic Spanish dishes.
• The year would not be complete without a Christmas celebration and Rustomjee played Santa to 14 lucky winners of their ‘The Wishing Tree’ initiative. At select theatres across the city, Rustomjee had placed ‘The Wishing Tree’ and people visiting the theatre were encouraged to put up their wishes in the trees. 10 randomly selected winners got their wishes fulfilled by Rustomjee, what a joyful end to a year full of excitement!
Leon’s World Takes Holistic Learning to Another Level:
The Leon’s World Centre for Holistic Learning and Development at the Rustomjee Urbania has been established with one clear vision in mind – to ensure that children are given the opportunity to participate in activities that not only hone their talents and instill new interests but also create an atmosphere where children can develop their personalities and build self-confidence. In order to achieve this and ensure that the kids are not just learning but learning with fun, Leon’s World undertook many initiatives this year.
Theatre: Children can benefit greatly from the ‘unplugged’ entertainment experience that watching live theatre offers them as theatre engages all their senses and also encourages their lateral thinking and the concept of following a plot. This year Leon’s World started hosting a play every month which was appreciated by kids and their parents alike. The plays touched upon diverse subjects and had innovative ways of presentation including interactive theatre and puppetry. The Legend of Lachit, The Wizard from Far West,Rani of Jhansi, Ram Leela…Relive the Story, Stories from the Brahmaputra amongst others.
Festive Celebrations: In the spirit of community, Leon’s World organized events to celebrate festivals, not only those which are celebrated in India but also abroad. From Ganesh Chaturthi to Ravan Dahan and from Halloween to Chiristmas – Leon’s World made sure the kids had fun and got to learn about diverse cultures as well. Children were also made aware of the environment issues and thus enjoyed ‘green’ Holi, Ganesha and Diwali!
Gala Events: The fun never sets at Leon’s World and the centre made sure that every holiday was a super opportunity for the kids to enjoy themselves. The Summer Camp, Art in the Park, Father’s Day celebration, X’mas Fun Fest… among others offered not just a learning with fun experience for kids but was a great time for family bonding as well.
Effective Parenting Sessions: Recognizing the tremendous influence that parents have on shaping the personality of a child, Leon’s World took the initiative to introduce workshops and sessions that focus on effective parenting. The Born Smart Mother Toddler Programme involved interactions between mothers and toddles that featured thoughtfully designed activities to nurture and build motor abilities, language, socio-emotional skills and cognitive skills in toddlers. It was an opportunity for mothers to learn how to stimulate their child’s growing brain and nurture and hone their parenting skills.
Child development and mental health experts were also invited to conduct a special session on effective parenting. Dr Harish Shetty, Mr. Gangadhar Pathak and Ms. Tanya Valecha provided parents with guidance on how to raise champions – kids who are well grounded, have a well-developed personality and have the drive and self-discipline to succeed in whichever field they choose.
Open Mic: Children need the opportunity to be on stage to be able to gain confidence and overcome stage fright. Leon’s World therefore organizes Open Mic once every month where kids can come up on stage and either recite poetry, sing a song or even give a dance performance before an audience.
Open Air Movie: In what was probably a first in Thane – an open air screening of a children’s movie was held at Rustomjee Urbania. Parents and kids thoroughly enjoyed the award winning movie – Pappu ki Pagdandi.With over 600 people attending the screening, there was a carnival like atmosphere.
Awards bagged by Rustomjee Group in 2017: